Random Restless

1/20/10

Dems Replace Ted with Torso


I cleaned up the original title; for a moment I forgot this is a family tabloid!

How could anyone be surprised by the GOP victory in Massachusetts, where a doofus Tea Bag Party centerfold model has replaced Ted Kennedy?  That's what you get when you try to split the difference between bought-off Democrats and the FOX/GOP Fascist Entertainment Network.  (Next up, taking Christopher Dodd's seat, the vicious beaver-toothed Warrior Queen of the WWF.)

Maybe this will wake up Obama and Democrats in congress, but don't hold your breath.  As Jon Stewart fumed the other day: George Bush Jr. never had a Senate "super majority" and he did whatever the f*ck he wanted.

For those who worry that changing the Senate's "60 vote rule" would backfire the second the GOP had a simple majority of seats, I have to ask: What makes you think we'll last that long?  Democrats' timidity is the only thing keeping the Wall Street aristocracy and its Fascist Entertainment Network alive, and the longer it lives, the worse things will get.

What is the point of power if, afraid to confront evil, all you do is delay it?

And on that note I will sink back into pleasing fantasy.  I am going to wallpaper my bedroom with the spectacular pizza ad I saw in the window of Broadway Pizza at 27th & Broadway (top).

Then, to work off all the pizza I'll be eating, I'll sneak into the Newtown Creek Wastewater Plant (above), fill dumpsters with pipes, and sell them to a scrap yard across the street.

And when I get tired of pizza & pipes, I'll walk out to Hunters Point Ave., buy something spicy off an Afghan food truck (below), and contemplate the green tower that (for now) belongs to bankrupt bailed-out Citibank and -- trying to remain calm in the face of a world where evil has been allowed to burrow right to its core -- count goats jumping over a land mine as I chew.